Sustained pressure on the visitors line resulted in win

Sidmouth 44 Tiverton 7
With several new faces in the squad, it might have seemed more like the start of the season, rather than half way through the winter.
Steve Kruger added to the coaching team, prepared the squad and certainly got the best out of the home side.
Tiverton scored first following a dropped pass by  Sidmouth's backs, which was hacked on and touched down under the posts, the conversion successful for a 7 point lead.
Despite conceding several penalties in and around the ruck area, Sidmouth were generally on top, putting several phases together.
Scrum-half, Johnny Hamil darted through a gap from 10 metres for the first try.
From the restart Gavin Pearson drove through the visitors defence linking with Cameron Grainger who  in turn fed 2nd row Chris Courtier , to score a debut try. Grainger slotted the conversion.
The back three of Scott Davies, Tom Male and Ben Dobson always looked dangerous on the counter attack, twice being hauled into touch within metres of the try line.
Sustained pressure on the visitors line resulted in Johnny Hamil charging down a clearance kick, Captain Stuart Bickerstaff leapt the highest to claim the ball  and score. Stuarts ankle injury nightmare struck again , he was replaced by Alva Senderayi.
 The returning Andrew Doidge, had a solid first half claiming good line out ball at four,  James Powell benefited crashing up through the middle taking play up to the  22, the ensuing ruck Sidmouth were turned over, a few inappropriate words were said leading to a 10 minute rest for Martin Keywood. The half time whistle sounded minutes later with Sidmouth leading 17-7.
The home side went straight on the offensive , with Tom Male being held up over the line, the forwards probed around the five metre line forcing Tiverton to concede a penalty, Ben Pratt taking the score up to 20.
Matt Farrington returned the restart breaking several tackles, Scott Davies  carried the ball into Tivertons 22, quick ball went through the hands to James Dyer to score his first senior try. A scrum on the halfway,  was picked up at the base and a great barnstorming run by Alva was halted just before the try line, James Powell  was the recipient from another quick release of the ball and scored under the posts, Glenn Channing added the extras. Another good lineout allowed Sam Cummins to take play up to the visitors 5 metre line again, with this time Channing being held up over the line, (his diet must be working).  Gavin Pearson picked from the base of the scrum and drew the defender in, allowing Johnny Hamil to saunter in for his second try of the match.
Adam Squance was put away for a definite score only to be pulled back for a forward pass.
The front row of Keywood, Farrington and Tony Martin were solid throughout the contest and often were gaining metres in the
loose. The last scrum of the day Sidmouth pushed Tiverton off the ball releasing the backs again, Ben Pratt stepped outside his opponent to score a fine try, Adam Squance coolly kicked the conversion. The final score 44-7,  Man of the Match went to Chris Courtier in the 2nd row who looks a very good addition at the club,  Dwight ??, in the back row who only got in the country on
thursday, certainly will be a asset to the club, along with colt Dan Rugg who performed bravely for the last 30 minutes.
The seconds have another home game this week against Ivybridge, hopefully will be able to field another strong side.