End to end action for Colts

Kingsbridge Colts 10  Sidmouth Colts 36

Sidmouth travelled to Kingsbridge with the bare minimum due to injuries and unavailability, but this didn’t stop them coming away with an fantastic win.

From the kick off it was end to end action, with the referee also looking for a fast flowing game he played the advantage rule well to allow play to continue after a number of infringements, it took 10 minutes for Sidmouth to get the 1st points on the board with a well struck Ben Ward penalty.

Kings kept the pressure on but solid 1st up defence from the back row of Kearns (Bond 35 min’s), Bramley and Pearson kept them on the back foot. On 22 minutes Wells Burr finished off a fine move in the corner which Ward duly converted. The half finished with kings getting a penalty.

The 2nd half was a different affair altogether ,after a fine half time team talk by Danny Goddard fired the colts to start to play the sort of rugby they had threatened all afternoon, although it took 16 min’s for wing man Finn Cawthera to finish off a converted try in the corner. This started of a spell of constant pressure from Sidmouth where they ran in a further 3 try’s in the last 10 minutes , it started when a penetrating run from George Locke put Charlie Cotton into the corner, the bonus point was collected after George Locke again broke through his opposite number to go in under the posts. The 3rd was a all forwards affair, they opted for the catch and drive, Reeds throw was collected by Jack Sowden and in a perfect training ground move they drove 10m up the park for Bramley to break of and finish the move, Ward converted to finish off a fine afternoon with the boot.

Credit must go to the front row off Ruggi, Reed and Down who up against a bigger front row out scrummaged Kingsbridge most off the afternoon, Jonny Youngman(Pares 40 mins) and Jack Sowden for some great line out work, Christian Goddard at scrum half for solid defence and Jay Wright for some excellent kicking out of hand.

All credit must go to Kingsbridge who could have turned the game at any time, had ball gone to hand their constant pressure could have rewarded them on a number of occasions.

Man of the match went to Haydon Down at prop.