Sidmouth never quite reproduced the sparkling form they have shown in their two games on the Blackmore, but they were still good enough to come away from St Austell with a 20-13 victory. In the first half St Austell were content to use the wind and slope advantage to kick into the corner but Sidmouth's set piece was solid and the try line was never seriously threatened. After 26 minutes St Austell again attempted to plant a kick in the corner, but a misjudgement saw the ball go over the dead-ball line. From the ensuing scrum on the half-way line full-back Sam Meadham entered the line at pace and powered up-field before off-loading to James Powell to run in for the try. Dan Retter converted to give Sidmouth a 7-0 lead. St Austell converted a penalty just before half-time to bring the score to 7-3 to Sidmouth.


Four minutes into the second half an attacking move by St Austell broke down on the half-way line. Luke Wells-Burr reacted quickly to scoop up the loose ball and had plenty of pace to outdistance the defence and score under the posts. Retter converted to make the score 14-3 to Sidmouth. This was extended to 17-3 by a Retter penalty. Sidmouth nearly scored when George Locke seized on a loose ball, following a St Austell handling error, and embarked on a 50 metre run. Powell was on hand to carry the move on but was tackled short of the try line. Aspeli Vea made a barnstorming run from a Sidmouth line-out before handing the ball on to Hadyn Down who did enough to give his fly-half field position for an attempted drop kick. It wasn’t Retter's finest kick but the ball defied gravity just long enough to clear the cross-bar. They all count! That made it 20 points to 3 in Sidmouth’s favour with 13 minutes remaining.


At this point Sidmouth let their concentration and discipline slip and conceded a barrage of penalties. This enabled St Austell to force their way over for a converted try and then convert a penalty to bring the score to 20-13 to Sidmouth. This could have resulted in a tricky last three minutes, but the Sidmouth forwards took control from the restart and kept possession until the final whistle.